- A properly fitting bra (see sections 19 & 20 earlier in the FAQ.)
- 1 pair of knee high nylons, preferably in a shade that closely matches your skin coloration.
- 1 plastic container for the seed
- An inexpensive plastic funnel to fill the knee-high.
- If needed, a screen or colander with small (about 1/8") holes to sift a seed mixture.
- 1 pair scissors
- A good quantity of small size rounded seed. These usually have about the
right weight to give the form the correct movement reactions.
Materials that are good for this purpose are:
- Bird Seed (Use a bag of fine quality bird seed. If needed, a 6 inch square of 1/8 inch screen is available at hardware stores to sift the seed mixture to capture only the small round seeds.
- Millet (an edible seed available at most health food stores)
- Quinoa (another edible seed available at most health food stores)
- "Poly pellets" (what they put in some bean bags and beanie babies.) Found in craft stores or the craft sections of larger general stores. This substance is waterproof, does not deteriorate and does not leave behind any residue.
- Prepare the approximate amount of seed that will be required for each form. If you are using a mix such as birdseed, you will need to use a screen or colander to sift it in order to separate everything but the small, round seeds.
- Insert a hand in the knee-high and stretch it out to reduce the natural stiffness of a new nylon.
- Insert the funnel in the top of the nylon and pour in the correct amount of seed. Not enough seed in the form can make the bra wrinkle. Too much grain can make the bra form overflow and look unrealistic.
- Twist the kneehigh a couple turns, and push the "ball" you have created through again. Your form will now be 2-ply which won't open up as easily on you while wearing it. Experiment with the amount of tension you put on the knee high when you twist it. Having it too loose or too tight is not good. [You may also choose to use a single ply which may mold more easily to the shape of a bra.]
- Now make a slip knot so that it can easily be undone if the amount of seed needs to be adjusted.
- The nylon will adjust and stretch over a few days giving a more natural feel to the form. Because of this do not assume that the form is ready to go when created. It will feel more and more comfortable and natural as time goes on.
- Use scissors to cut off the nylon above the knot leaving only the stretch nylon stocking with the knot. If the knot is made tight enough and the correct amount of nylon is left, a perfect "nipple" can be created.
- Insert the form into the bra making sure that the slip knot is worn at the right place to simulate the nipple. The knot should not become undone in normal use if tied tightly enough.
- Whether you are making only a single form or a pair of forms, make sure that balance between your left and right side is about equal and does not produce an overly lopsided appearance. Given that, note that most women's breasts are not exactly the same. One is often slightly smaller, higher or a different shape from its partner.
- When worn, body heat will help to make the form take the shape of the bra cup. The form may be worn privately until the nylon has stretched and the content adjusts itself for a natural look.